IF Re-broadcast of # 26: Music and Literature
In celebration of the 33rd Edition of Il Salone Internazionale del Libro di Torino (International Book Festival in Torino), Italian Frequency presents a re-broadcast of show # 26 "Musica e letteratura/Music and Literature" recorded in October 2019 during the Week of Italian Language in the World, and of Litquake Literary Festival in San Francisco.
"Music and Literature" features musicians whose songs are inspired by literary works. Echoes of Greek myths, Renaissance ballads, folk tales, French poetry, and clear references to works by Baudelaire, Collodi, Homer, Mallarmé, Montale, Conrad, Flaubert, etc....
Recorded at KUSF studio in October 2019.
- 3:05pm L'isola che non c'è by Edoardo Bennato on Sono solo canzonette (Ref. J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan)
- 3:09pm Il gatto e la volpe by Edoardo Bennato on Burattino senza fili (Ref. C. Collodi, Pinocchio)
- 3:13pm La storia by Francesco De Gregori on Scacchi e tarocchi (Ref. E. Montale, La storia and E. Morante, La storia)
- 3:17pm Volta la carta by Fabrizio De André on Rimini (Ref. italian nursery rhymes)
- 3:25pm S'i' fosse foco by Fabrizio De André on Volume 3 (Ref. Cecco Angiolieri, S'i' fosse foco)
- 3:28pm Ballo in fa diesis minore by Angelo Branduardi on Camminando camminando (Ref. Italian Dance Macabre ballads))
- 3:31pm Polpo d'amore by Vinicio Capossela on Marinai, profeti, e balene (Ref. Homer, The Odyssey))
- 3:37pm Scirocco by Francesco Guccini on Signora Bovary (Ref. G. Flaubert, Madame Bovary)
- 3:44pm L'elemosina by Max Gazzè on L'elemosina (Ref. S. Mallarmé, The Beggar)
- 3:48pm L'amore e la spina by Ornella Vanoni, Vinicius de Moraes & Toquinho on La voglia, la pazzia, l'inconscienza, l'allegria (Ref. V. de Moraes, Velho e a Flor)
- 3:56pm Elettra by Carmen Consoli on Elettra (Ref. Euripedes, Electra)
- 4:00pm La linea d'ombra by Jovanotti on Lorenzo 1997 - L'albero (Ref. J. Conrad, The Shadow Line)
- 4:04pm Invito al viaggio by Franco Battiato on Fleurs (Ref. C. Baudelaire, Invitation to Voyage)
- 4:10pm Madeleine by Paolo Conte on Live in Caracalla (Ref. M. Proust, In Search of Lost Time)